Tour Tyme Update Pt. I

We are out again on the never ending expanse of highways that the United States has to offer to road weary travelers. But it has been fun so far. We are on our way to Monolith Music Festival and we just arrived in Colorado earlier tonight for it. It is so beautiful out here from what I can tell so far and we are joined by our good friend and room mate Chris.

Our first night went really well in Columbus with Ra Ra Riot. They put on quite the compelling live show to be certain and they are on tour for a while so be sure to catch them. Also they have the most beautiful string section I've ever seen except for maybe The Po,lyphonic Spree.

Our show in Omaha went well but it seems every time we are there it rains gratuitously upon our little land lubber heads.

No crazy adventures to speak of yet but I am going to take pictures tomorrow during the festival and of Red Rocks. I think Josh and I might try to sleep outside.

Also, I feel that on this tour more than any other we have listened to a very eclectic assortment of music. So far: Nick Drake, Wolf Parade, Elliot, Tom Waits, John Coltrane, Radiohead, Delta Spirit, Arvo Part, Beastie Boys, Jens Lekman, Talking Heads.
I guess that's all pretty typical stuff seeing it written down like that minus classical and jazz thrown in there.

Oh well.



0 comments: