The National Hummus Party

I woke up this to NPR on my radio alarm clock and heard about an organization called Share Our Strength that has a program called Operation Frontline:

"...[a] groundbreaking nutrition-education program that connects families with food by teaching them how to prepare healthy, tasty meals on a limited budget."

Kashi, makers of delicious whole grain snacks of all kinds is partnering with them. The cheapest foods to buy are the ones that are the worst for your body so hearing that somebody is doing something about it makes me glad.

Speaking of, I made some delicious hummus yesterday. Making it yourself is indeed unbelievable more frugal and fun, so if anyone wants the recipe or wants to set up a hummus making party, just let me know.


Some additional reading about corn syrup:
But
I
Love
Soda Pop!

2 comments:

El Salvador said...

Oh do tell how one makes hummus. I quite enjoy it but have never looked into making it myself.

Isaac said...

SO easy!

2 cups garbanzo beans (1-2 cans)
1/2 cup olive oil (or vegetable oil)
1 cup tomatoes
1/2 cup tahini
juice of one fresh lemon
a clove or two of garlic

blend all those together until you get the texture you want. you can also use lima beans or black beans. you kind of get a feel for what to add cause i don't quite follow that recipe exactly every time.

share with friends.