FRED

It snowed last night pretty hard here so it is kind of a snow day and I think I'm going to do some dry walling at my house and then walk to the library. We have been writing some new songs that we are happy with and getting ready to record in May for a new album that will hopefully come out to accompany your end-of-summer-barbeque parties or your last camping excursion before going back to school or biking around the city or wearing shorts and feeling good about it or going swimming and kissing someone underwater. At least that's the kind of vibe I'm feeling with the songs. We've also been practicing in a room at St. Elizabeth's here in the city and the environment has been really different from all our other practice spaces and a welcomed change.

Some things I've been enjoying:

Fred. I have a strange fascination with these videos


Tracks of My Tears by Smokey Robinson. I can't get enough of this song.


A speaker named Graham Cooke that I've been enjoying, talks a lot about what "church" really is and what it should look like.


We are heading down to South By Southwest with a wonderful band called Jookabox.



Also, i love Italian Greyhounds.

3 comments:

Matt Latchaw said...

Glad to hear you're doing well! I hope I get to see you again soon, and I'm really looking forward to this new album! Thanks again for the mix CD, I still listen to it.

Love,
Matt

iloveagoodriot said...

I wish I would have known you liked grey hounds. I helped rescue a bunch of them a few months ago.

Joey said...

It bummmed me so far out that the Fred video reminded me of myself a little.