Everybody else already did

If anyone cares, I have written an essay about politics, it can be found here.

Other than that I got the opportunity to see Anathallo and Cale Parks as they made an appearance across the river at the Southgate House. I rode my bike from work and good friends All the Day Holiday opened the night, all in all it was a wonderful evening. The next day I was reading Anathallo's blog and it was an interesting and encouraging time. I'm not sure I will even be able to entirely articulate it here so bear with me. I remember listening to them in high school and seeing them live quite a few times and seeing them again after so long made me think about a lot of things. Especially now that I am on the other side of the looking glass so to speak now that I am in a band and in some ways we are where they were when I first encountered their music. It makes me wonder what the future has in store for us as a band, as Pomegranates. It also makes me excited and want to cherish every moment that I have with all the friends that i have made through making music and to look forward to whatever friends I might make in the future. I sort of grew up with their music, and now, seeing them as they grow up and get married and move to different cities, it is nice to see how making music is still kind of this string that ties so many different experiences together. This post right about now probably has the consistency of a melted freeze-pop with a few Splenda thrown in it with a side of Peeps, but I thought I would just get it out. Also, to say that in some weird way I think that music can change the world. I know it has changed my life and some of my best friends I would not know otherwise. So thanks to everyone that listens to our music and is our friend. I think that is what I will take with me, more than what shows we've played or this or that. The friends we've made. Thanks.


On a different note, we are playing our last show for a very very long time this Friday the 14th at The Comet with Matthew Shelton's band Me or the Moon. He is also having an art opening for a new batch of his lightboxes next door a little earlier in the evening. Our next show (barring some strange turn of events) will be our album release show probably in March. So let's have one last hurrah this year okay? OK.

0 comments: